Monday, March 26, 2012

Engineered excellence in an eyeglass retainer, Keepons keep your glasses on

So I’m sitting with my friend in a restaurant and he tells me I look great. It’s true I’ve lost over 20 pounds. And as he scarfs down another slice of pizza, I just want to jet out of there real bad.

It’s not that I’m tempted. Frankly I’m kind of disgusted.

But I also don’t want to seem righteous because I still recall when I was overweight and my life was stuck how I really resented healthy people telling me what I should or should not do.

But here I was on the other side of the table and I couldn’t believe that not long ago I was like my friend. Clearly his now, err my relationship with food had been dysfunctional.

If I was happy, I’d pig out to celebrate. If I was miserable, I’d drown my sorry in a bag of hamburgers and fries and two liters of Coke. Any wonder that since college I had put on over 40 pounds.

If you look at my graduation photos now and then you would think that it’s two very different people!

But Keepons eyeglasses retainers changed all that, it gave me the chance to begin anew and like I said before I started eating better. For example nights I’d come home and make a big salad with chicken breast and I’d drink skim milk. Satisfying and full-feeling. If I desired dessert, I’d bake some apples or bananas.

It’s all about the choices you make or rather don’t make. Most people go through life just doing whatever TV tells them to do, buy this, eat this, get fat, die young, well not for me anymore.



Did I mention that the other day while I was out running looking like a complete mess all sweaty and yucky, I met a girl. Yeah she was running too and she smiled at me and gave me the thumbs up.

Thanks Keepons!

No comments:

Post a Comment