Tuesday, April 10, 2012

How to properly stop your glasses from slipping

There was a while back that I was so miserable that I really didn’t want to go on. But fortunately I did and instead, sat down at my desk with a piece of paper and a pen and started listing out the things I wanted. I wanted a perfect body not my own. I’m obese because I have a dysfunctional relationship with food. I eat when I’m happy. I eat when I’m sad. I eat to celebrate success. I eat to dampen defeat, so I definitely wanted a perfect body which meant eating properly and exercising more. I wanted more friends. I guess for the longest time I have had next to no self-esteem and this really is a vicious circle. The more worthless you feel, the more you eat, the fatter you get, the more worthless you feel, over and over, so then I became more and more withdrawn. When co-workers suggested going out for drinks after work, I turned them down. I didn’t want to go to bars and clubs where attractive people hangout and stand out like a sore thumb. So over the years, I lost more and more friends until now, the only friends I have are on social networks like Reddit or Digg, but I’ve never met them face to face. Every night I spend the hours before bed in front of my computer monitor. I eat in front of my monitor too. Usually delivery from McDonald’s or pizza. On the top of my list was stopping my glasses from slipping and when I finished my list, I powered up my computer and went through the list one item at a time. On my first Google result, I came across Keepons for a search using slipping glasses. I ordered them, it took about 30 seconds and they really changed things for me. Most importantly it allowed me to cross off the other items on my list one at a time. It hasn’t been easy but I hold my head high now. Oh and I’m 20 pounds lighter. Thank you for Keepons for keeping my glasses from falling down my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment